Saturday, April 18, 2009

Introducing Bella!


This is our Bella Anne, she came into our family last Thursday and I have not slept pretty much sense then! LOL, she is an 8 week old boxer baby and the biggest Daddy's Girl I have ever seen! I have never had the pleasure of raising a puppy before and boy was I mistaken for the amount of time and gray hairs this little beauty was going to cost. Since I brought her home and daddy went back to work she has ate my EXPENSIVE MAKE UP BRUSHES! I was amazing at how quickly she did this two, she was gone from my site for 2 min and not wanting to be a paranoid new mommy I let her be for a min and then went to check on her. I was not, happy. I have steped barefoot in a pile of crap that she had left as a present in the hallway, and that is nothing along the lines of walking barefoot through the sand at a beautiful beach. That was disgusting on so many levels...She cannot stand being out of the room if I am not in it and she cries and cries if I try to put her outside for 5 seconds, but then again she is just a baby! I remember playing that game with Koughen when he was about 6 months old. I would put him in his highchair and play peek a boo with him behind the kitchen counter. I would duck down and he would whimper and whail but then when I would raise back up and say "here I am!" he would just look at me like "wow!" never do that again! Ha Ha! I always thought that was so funny that he would flip his lid as soon as I left his site...and our Bella is the same way! I have taken up sleeping on the couch much to my own dislike, because that is the only way I found I can sneak in at least an hour more of sleep! I put this little girl down for bed and she sleeps so good in her "house" till about 2 AM when she needs to go out and do her "bid-ness" as daddy calls it! And after that she cries and yelps and howls when I put her back in. Finally one night out of pure exaustion I sat down on the couch and each time she would cry I would tell her "No, go na-night" and she did finally after about 5 min. So I gave in and collapsed into the couch thankful for some peace and quiet. I am amazed at how similar it is to raising a baby, as to raising a puppy.The only difference is the diapers and daddy already told me that I cant stick that on her butt!! But she is the sweetest little thing, I can't believe how much we love her already. She has wiggled her way right into our hearts and we are so glad she is apart of our family. Now if I can just get her to GO TO BED!!!

No comments: